Shimano Metanium Low Profile Reels
- Manufacturer : SHIMANO
- Part Number : METMGL150HGB
- Product Dimensions : 5.91 x 5.16 x 4.72 inches
- Size : Gear Ratio
- Style : Gear Ratio
- Weight : 6.24 Ounces
- Brand : SHIMANO
- Product Code: SHIMANO
- Availability: In Stock (5 Available)
- CoreSolid Body (Magnesium): Integrates the B-Side Plate, levelwind guard and frame into a solid one-piece construction. This delivers an unprecedented feeling of rigidity and sensitivity, and is the first design of this type in a low-profile baitcast reel.
- HAGANE Body: The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body rigidity and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- MicroModule Gear: The MicroModule system creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- X-Ship: Provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- MGL Spool III: An ultra-thin spool that thoroughly pursues low inertia. The spool has a reduction in inertia by about 15 c;ompared to the second-generation MGL Spool by using a narrow shape with a width of 19 mm for the outer diameter of 34 mm. Resulting in unparalleled casting performance.
Completely redesigned by Shimano's award-winning engineers, the all-new Shimano Metanium MGL 150 B is a high-performance low-profile baitcasting reel for serious freshwater anglers. This newly redesigned Metanium MGL B features Shimano's brand new, never-before-seen Magnesium CoreSolid Body, which offers next-level durability, frame rigidity, and sensitivity in an incredibly light reel offering. In addition to the new body, the Metanium MGL 150 B makes it easy to cast light baits super far thanks to its integration of the MGLIII spool, which reduces spool inertia 17 percent over the previous generation of the Metanium MGL. Additionally, thanks in part to Shimano's SVS Infinity Braking, the newest Metanium also provides the ultimate in casting adjustability to accommodate a wide range of lures and techniques.
Boasting the MicroModule main gear similar to the previous generation, this time Shimano upgraded it with a solid brass construction for enhanced durability and smoothness that will last a lifetime. Coupling that ultra-smooth brass gearing with Shimano's Silent Tune technology results in reduced spool bearing vibration to maximize casting distance and improve cast feel. If you're looking to take your tournament bass fishing up a notch, grab the Shimano Metanium MGL 150 B ASAP and see the difference a high-performance reel can make for yourself.
Available in 6.2:1, 7.1:1, and 8.1:1 gear ratios in both Right and Left Hand retreieve.