- THIS IS AN EXPANSION TO THE ELDRITCH HORROR BOARD GAME: Not a standalone product. You will need the Eldritch Horror base game in order to play with this expansion.
- THRILLING HORROR GAME: Something Ancient stirs! The elder things have awakened from their long slumber and their dark influence creeps outward. A few brave investigators head to Antarctica to find the source of the impending catastrophe. Only they can stop the coming doom or go mad in the attempt.
- COOPERATIVE MYSTERY GAME: Brave investigators team up to pit their skills and weapons against the threat of the Ancient One. Together they explore the remote corners of the globe, fight the nightmarish creatures that lurk in the shadows and solve the ancient mysteries of this Eldritch Horror!
- HIGHLY VARIABLE: This expansion introduces a new Antarctica side board along with 8 new investigators and new allies. Investigators can undertake personal tasks to gain powerful rewards. They will find a plethora of useful items, magic spells, hideous conditions and terrifying encounters awaiting them at the Mountains of Madness.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: The Eldritch Horror Board Game collection of scary games for game night is designed for 1 to 8 players and is suitable for ages 14 and older. Average game time is approximately 2 to 4 hours.
Explore the haunted vastness of Antarctica in Mountains of Madness, the first side board expansion for Eldritch Horror! Inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's tale of a Miskatonic University expedition ravaged by sinister and inhuman creatures, Mountains of Madness challenges players to confront the terrors that Miskatonic' s doomed expedition unearthed. Antarctica's harsh conditions and primeval horrors are brought to life through the side board and accompanying encounter deck, and while new Gates open and new Monsters surface, eight investigators arrive, ready to join your struggles against the Ancient Ones.